Monday, June 1, 2009

this is how i feel most of the time



not in any way related to medicine just in life in general. But its fucking hilarious.


in other fronts i've been thinking alot about people and how we relate to the things we own, and how sometimes form follows function, and other times people can make function follow form in incredible ways.

MY BACK PACK: i would like to make it known that my back is a multi-functional piece of equiptment. it services me in many ways. it is my portable trashcan, my portable library, my portable mohabe pack, a portable drug store, a portable healing kit. it has many forms and functions and it is just a few pieces of canvas artfully sewn together.

when i was thinking about our relationship to material things i kept thinking of my favorite passage from the tao te ching:

A wheel has spokes,
but it rotates around a hollow center.

A pot is made out of clay or glass,
but you keep things in the empty space inside.

A house is made out of wood or brick,
but you live in the space between the walls.

We work with something,
but we use nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment